Acorn Recruitment is recruiting for an experienced Customer Service Centre Manager for their client based in Thornbury, Bristol. The salary for this position is circa £40,000.
Overall purpose of the job:
To lead, manage and develop the Customer Service Centre by developing a framework that will allow the team to meet its KPIs and add value to every customer interaction.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
* Design, develop and lead a highly motivated team that consistently delivers excellent customer service.
* Manage the agreed roles within the Customer Service Centre to ensure that the team can adequately meet its commitments.
* Set and deliver department performance targets and complete performance review meetings for direct reports.
* Monitor and communicate both the department's and the individual's performance (KPI's and customer satisfaction scores), thus ensuring continuous improvement.
* Foster a culture of continuous learning, development and role rotation to ensure that the teams are constantly building their experience and their abilities.
* Identify, arrange and evaluate training for new and existing staff including reviewing and maintaining department training plans and records. Work with other internal departments to develop a training road-map for the team to ensure the team are able to meet their targets.
* Communicate with the Customer Service Centre teams and management in the appropriate manner so that they are fully aware of all relevant information, including marketing promotions, new product launches and issues.
* Manage the team so that they possess the correct numbers and structure to enable them to carry out all functions and tasks, including during holiday periods.
* Recruit and induct new members of the Customer Service Centre as appropriate.
* Manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls to ensure that all queries and orders are dealt with correctly, accurately, efficiently and to KPI's.
* Liaise closely with all internal teams teams to ensure a good working relationship and lines of communication are maintained.
* Deal with and monitor customer complaints then work to prevent issues recurring in the future.
* Identify problems and work with other departments to find solutions.
* Build strong working relationships with customers to help expand the business smoothly, including visits when necessary.
* Be a role model for the deployment of the Mary Gober Service & Mindset programme, embracing the methodology and fully embedding within the team.
* Be a role model for the deployment of Salesforce.com within the team, embracing the system functionality and fully embedding within the team.
Knowledge / experience required:
* Extensive experience in leading and managing a complex customer service team or organisation. Experience of leading Team Managers and Team Leaders as well as individual contributors.
* Demonstrate a positive can do attitude - willing to walk towards and address problems and take responsibility for their solution.
* Experience managing and motivating a diverse team, preferably a multi-channel customer service or order processing team.
* Demonstrable, telephony based customer service experience.
* Ability to organise, prioritise and deliver in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to make decisions under pressure to get results and achieve targets.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills, able to positively address escalations and complaints and be responsible and accountable for the outcomes.
* Confident presenter, able to deliver a complex message to a variety of audiences.
* Experience of working to and towards a defined budget.
* Commercially aware with an understanding of the opportunities and challenges faced in the market.
* A passionate advocate of the customer's voice as a key driver for business feedback and improvement.
* PC literate, competent in using Microsoft office and online applications and comfortable learning new systems.
* Experience of managing change programmes within a department to ensure continuous improvement in services provided.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencemanagement, customer service, contact centre, manufacturing, multi-channel customer service
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.