BI Developer required on a temporary to permanent basis, based on the outskirts of the city.
As a BI Developer, you will join an expanding Business Intelligence Department and will be involved in the front-end development of reports.
Using existing Data-sets, you will work closely with stakeholders to articulate requirements, create reports and provide analysis based on Business Priorities.
You will be using BI tools such as PowerBI and Excel to create and present data to members at all levels of the business.
Whilst working in this role, you will develop skills in PowerBI, Excel, DAX and BI in general which are all valuable in a growing industry.
- Spec out and create reports based on business requirements and best practice.
- Understand the layout and content of Datasets to ensure reports are created using the most suitable data.
- Ensure reports are visually pleasing and easy to use.
- Keep reports up to date based on best practice.
- Provide users with an overview of the report upon release and after any further developments.
- Ability to create ad hoc reports and analysis when required.
- Present reports and data to senior members of the business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and extensive use of Excel is required.
- Experience using; PowerBI, SQL, DAX, PowerPivot would be advantageous but not essential.
- Analytical and commercially minded.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong prioritisation and timekeeping skills to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills whilst working on projects.
- Creative thinker.
- Business Intelligence Manager
- BI Senior Developer
- Margin Protection Department
- Buying Departments
- Supply Chain
If you are the right candidate for this position please click apply now or call the Acorn Plymouth office to discuss further.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceSQL,EXCEL,POWER BIM,DAX,POWER PIVOT
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.